Sunday, May 7, 2017

Mama Wants a Chicken Coop

My poor husband has to wake up each morning to the next best and brilliant idea that I've come up with. 
 Today I was in the bedroom and the thought struck me...mama want's a chicken coop!
"Hey,Davin!- I yell from the other room. "Do you think we have enough room for a chicken?"  
He calmly yells back, "Maybe, why?"   "Because, mama wants a chicken coop!"  

The more I ponder the idea, I start to wonder things like, "where would the chicken go once the winter comes?  
I ask my husband, "what would we do with the chicken in the winter?"  He starts to tell me that we would have to find a way to heat the coop up etc....
"wow, that sounds like a lot of work".  I think to myself, "what if the chicken freezes to death?"  I can't bare to live with myself if I kill a chicken!  
"Maybe we could bring the chicken inside in the winter?"  I ask Davin.  He counter acts my train of thought with a question, "Kristin, do you really want a chicken living in our house?"  
Hmm....I mean, I really think it would be awesome to own a chicken.  To have fresh eggs every morning and to know exactly where they are coming from would be fantastic.  Plus, those little bobble heads are so darn cute!  
I guess, it's time to start researching a little bit more on the pro's and con's of owning a chicken...or two....or...three....
I've got these ideas running through my brain, and a handsome husband who beckons me just a little closer to earth...just enough, that I don't drift away....I thank God for him, but when mama wants a chicken, mama gets a chicken!   
I'll keep ya'll posted on the chicken saga.....until then, happy Sunday and I pray you all have a Merry Christmas!  

In His Grace   - Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment