Tuesday, August 26, 2014

When your kid hands you a pretend phone....

you pick it up!!  No matter how awesome you think you are, you're never TOO COOL to play pretend telephone with a toddler!

This morning has been fun.  Always busy for us.  I try and sip my coffee in between entertaining the kids, and making sure everyone is happy and fed.

This morning I thought I would try and be EXTRA intentional with Avery and I's time together. Epic Fail!

 I am excited about this new curriculum a friend of mine shared with me.  (Thank you Colleen Bacha!)
It's free and it's structured learning as well as FUN!  It's called, "ABC Jesus Loves me"

Here is the link if you're interested:  http://www.abcjesuslovesme.com/weekly2/week-1

Anyways, I pulled out our children's bible and started reading Genesis 1:1...IN THE BEGINNING.....(NO!, NO!, NO!, Avery screamed).  I kept trying different voices, big gestures...anything to help make the story more interesting....

NO!, NO!, NO!.....

ugh!  Parent failure, once again!   MISS INDEPENDENT wanted to read on her own!


Parenting is something I desire to perfect and something I want so desperately to pride myself on.  "Look at my kid,  Look what they can do!"  They have read the ENTIRE Bible...they know their ABC's...they read all the classical novels front to back.  :)

HAHAHA.....

when it comes down to it, every little tiny person is unique and their personality shines LOUDLY in the toddler years.  My daughter Avery is little miss Independent and it's my job to nurture that.  Yes, with independence, comes structure, boundaries, morals and values...but, like someone very wise once said, "break their will, but not their spirit!"

I am learning to go with the flow!  To chill out!  To fully take advantage of the times when Avery wants to hang out, to cuddle, to study God's word...and when she does want to hang out with me...or, like this morning, when she handed me a block that resembled a phone, and said, "mommy, hello?"   you bet your buns......


I answered it!!    Hello?

xo,
Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment